Daifuku Wynright is proud to participate in the 10th Annual #StandDown4Safety
Daifuku Wynright is participating in the National Safety Stand Down, May 1-5, focusing on fall prevention.
To support this effort, Daifuku Wynright is:
- Sending out daily emails with reminders to work safely at heights –
- on the job, at the office, and at home
- Assigning a short (less than 7-minute) video that focuses on fall prevention
- Field employees will have a new Toolbox Talk for the week that focuses on fall prevention
- Employees at job sites posting reminder documents about fall prevention
- Encouraging employees to post on social media using the #StandDown4Safety hashtag, using photos as much as possible
- Encouraging employees to add the Stand Down message to their signature line for the week of May 1-5
According to the U.S. Department of Labor are the leading cause of construction fatalities. In 2021, falls from elevations accounted for about 38% of all construction fatalities.
The fact is these deaths are preventable. Employers can prevent falls by following these five facts:
- If you're working at 6 feet or more, use fall protection.
- Before starting a job, make a fall prevention plan.
- Provide workers with the right equipment for the job.
- Train everyone to use the equipment safely.
- Inspect your harness, lanyard, and anchorage point before each use.
Let's stand together! Safety is everyone's responsibility.